The Project Coordinator takes ownership of project definition, technical project planning, and technical QA test writing skills for projects within the organization.
- Director of Quality Assurance
- Work closely with management to define the projects that will be added to the product roadmap.
- Manage the gathering of product requirements and project scope in a holistic manner across multiple teams, business functions and end-users.
- Establish and maintain application design standards from one project to the next.
- Work closely with Director of Development to estimate development time required and ease the transition between design, development and Quality Assurance.
- Work with Director of Quality Assurance to estimate the time required to provide a full Q/A of each project while maximizing the use of Q/A staff.
- Work with Technical Writer for completion of documentation while maximizing the use of project information for final documentation.
- Identify innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolve issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- Provide communication for both internal and external use.
- Identify, document and monitor possible project risk and possible change requests prior to the project initiation.
- Communicate project details to customers in both written and verbal communications.
BACKGROUND OR EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience working with ERP software solutions in an Ag-Retail environment with preference given towards experience with AgTrax solutions.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrated understanding of IT methods with a technology background, especially in a service-oriented environment with an understanding of software development.
- Experience managing projects to a successful conclusion.
- Understanding of ERP software from a user perspective to work with management in defining project scope, project plans, technical requirements and test documentation.
- Knowledge of technical document writing for project plans and quality assurance testing.
- Ability to provide architectural guidance and direction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers and senior business leaders.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of software development languages and methodologies.
- Excellent interviewing and listening skills.
TRAVEL OR OTHER CONDITIONS
- Some overnight travel is required.