The primary focus of this position is to create and develop the AgTrax brand and direct all aspects of the Company’s
marketing, pricing and sales policies, objectives, and initiatives. The Director of Sales and Marketing will help
promote a positive work environment by maintaining respectful interactions with management, employees, and clients.
- Hire, manage, mentor, coach, and educate personnel when needed.
- Establish and monitor team member performance and development goals, set objectives, establish priorities,
provide adequate training and regular performance feedback, document opportunities for improvement, conduct
annual performance reviews, and administer salary adjustments.
- Ensure adequate systems are in place to support team member needs.
- Resolve conflicts in the workplace.
- Monitor and maintain staffing levels to ensure adequate coverage for all positions, efficiently as possible.
- Track and monitor key performance indicators.
- Ensure all required departmental policies, procedures and processes are documented and communicated.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings.
- Provide input during the annual budget process.
- Determine ways to improve operational efficiency within department.
- Review all sales contracts, agreements and other binding documents to present and protect AgTrax.
- Develop and oversee the marketing function, identifying key marketing outlets and competitive strategies.
- Prepare new product marketing plans for introductions in cooperation with management.
- Develop an annual marketing plan, including forecasts for each product by territory, expenses for sales
promotions, advertising and overall sales team costs, and overall expenses for lead generation and opportunity
- Oversee design of web site, marketing materials, and trade show exhibits.
- Plan and manage periodic customer conferences.
- Draft or review all written, direct client communications related to sales and marketing.
- Develop and oversee all sales functions, ensuring the department employees and sales plan are organized to
achieve maximum sales volume.
- Help plan product demonstrations and consult to the sales team on product knowledge and sales policy.
- Travel with sales team as necessary for ongoing training, territory development and understanding of goals.
- Communicate with Client Services regarding upcoming install expectations and needs.
- Consult with Development to provide new sales opportunities that require changes to the software and understand
product enhancement plans and future development projects of interest to team.
- Assist Development team with understanding market pressure on new software tools and industry direction of same.
- Communicate plan and regular status reports to management team regarding deliverables.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems
- Advise management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can
- Educate team on communication of proper expectations of company and customer throughout process.
- Establish sales goals for company and set plans for individual team members to ensure success.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for
each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the
- Oversee delivery, communication and negotiation of each New License Contract to maximize opportunities for
acquiring additional customers.
- Delegate opportunity involvement based on geography, personality and experience of team members.
- Manage understanding and use of resources available to team (CRM, Marketing Tools, Sales Documents, etc.).
- Control strategic channel partner relationships including recruitment, revenue sharing and co-marketing
agreements, and press releases.
- Coordinate sales efforts between AgTrax team and strategic partner teams to maximize intended goals.
- Relationship management and communication with sales teams regarding functionality and deliverables.
- Establish internal API pricing strategies to maximize sales efforts.
BACKGROUND OR EDUCATION
- 10+ years Sales Management experience to agribusinesses of all types.
- Thorough understanding of marketing to the agribusiness retail industry.
- Ability to manage multiple skill sets to the Key Performance Indicators outlined for each role.
- Experience with establishing budgets, forecasts, commission plans, and sales goals.
- Business development experience.
- Marketing communication, copy writing, ad creation experience.
- Network of contacts throughout agriculture retail, manufacturing, marketing.
- Software pricing and new product introduction.
- Brand management.
- Sales to C-level executives, divisional management and owner/operators.
- Able to work in a fast-paced sales environment in collaboration with multiple departments.
TRAVEL OR OTHER CONDITIONS
- Travel as necessary; can be extensive at times.